Friday, March 25, 2011

Yeah, Right





You know that movie you only started watching because Showtime said that there were boobies in it, but then changed the channel after 10 minutes because you still hadn't seen said boobies? This is that movie. You're probably searching the world for something to complete you, but have yet to find it so you watch old sitcom reruns on one of those channels for women. I started watching this movie 15 years ago, quite literally, because of that Showtime warning and finished watching it just a few weeks ago because something was missing from my life it's frakking great. 

I'm guessing that most of you haven't heard of the lead actor, though I'm sure you've seen his face. Arye Gross has roughly 100 IMDB listed credits. Also, to save you the trouble I went ahead and confirmed that he's not related to Benjamin Linus, though both have been on some form of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. All self-respecting nerds know the lead actress, Claudia Christian. If you don't, you're either not a nerd and have probably Stumbled to this page on accident, or you don't respect yourself. That makes me sad. You have to respect yourself. Didn't you pay attention to Bruce Willis in the '80s? Here, let this serve as a reminder:





The actors have great chemistry together, it's just over the top enough to be ridiculous but not absurd, and it's got Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in a great supporting role! OH! NORMAN FREAKING FELL is in it! If anyone out there can make a movie as good as this with the same budget (16 dollars and a roll of duct tape according to my sources), I'll buy you a beer. Seriously. Just send me a self addressed stamped envelope along with a DVD (REGION 1 or Region Free) of your movie and 38 dollars for the shipping/handling of your free beer and I'll get it out to you.


Go watch this movie. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment