Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Incredibly Difficult Task


There's a disturbing trend popping up on Facebook that I simply cannot fathom. It is baffling how many different times I've seen this posted on my News Feed. What, I ask you, the entire fuck? Is this a difficult thing for people? Are there men and women out there that have to sit and think about this? To prove how ridiculously easy this is I'm going to sit here and rattle off five movies without an S in the title from a random sampling of genres. You'll have to trust that I'm doing this improv style, but those that know me well know how I am about movies and recalling them.



Action
  1. Rambo
  2. Cobra
  3. Demolition Man
  4. Cliffhanger
  5. Bullet to the Head
I get triple points for this because all of these are Sylvester Stallone films and he has three Ss in his name.

Drama
  1. Rain Man
  2. Being There
  3. A Time to Kill
  4. Double Indemnity 
  5. The Color Purple
Science Fiction
  1. Event Horizon
  2. E.T.
  3. Enemy Mine
  4. Total Recall
  5. Minority Report
Romantic Comedy
  1. Annie Hall
  2. You've Got Mail
  3. Love, Actually
  4. Kate & Leopold
  5. Pretty Woman
Actual Comedy
  1. 1941 (more triple points because there are no letters, at all, in this one)
  2. American Pie
  3. Anchorman
  4. Harold and Maude
  5. Ted
Horror
  1. Evil Dead
  2. Friday the 13th
  3. Halloween
  4. Night of the Living Dead
  5. Alien (arguably sci-fi, but this movie scared the shit out of me as a kid)
Thriller
  1. Vertigo
  2. Rear Window
  3. Rope
  4. Marnie
  5. Frenzy
Triple points, again, because they're all Hitchcock films.

Boom. So there you have it, Dear Readers, 35 movies with no S and it took me about 3.5 seconds to come up with them. For the stupid ones out there, feel free to utilize this list the next time your local radio station asks you to engage in the monumental task of naming a movie with no S in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment