Friday, October 26, 2012

The World Almost Ended Just Now


As the nine of you that read this blog know, I have a strong attachment to this new, living creature known as Teh Interwebz. The Internet allows us to communicate with people thousands of miles away in real time, watch as we land rovers on Mars, and of course, take pictures of our food to show to our friends. So if something should ever happen to this now indispensable facet of our day to day life the impact would be felt immediately, right? Right. That's why, today, I blew a fucking gasket.


At the time of this writing, I haven't the foggiest clue as to what happened to cause such a terrible and horrific though I suspect that some intern at Amazon tripped over a cable.

Dear Readers, this is no shit, I just lost power in my home as I'm typing this. My laptop only has a battery life of 2:34 and my Internet connection only exists by using my iPhone (itself having a scant 61% charge remaining). I really wish I had sprung for tha hotspot service now. Is this the beginning of the end? Is the fact that I'm still typing on a machine that is literally 10 orders of magnitude stronger and more powerful than the computer system that launched the Apollo missions to the moon an indication of the ultimate #FirstWorldProblem or is this the dawning of a new age? Can Steampunk actually become a thing now? I already have an outfit! And, oh, zeppelins! I have always wanted to ride in a zeppelin! I've taken a great picture with my phone of my laptop flanked by two candles. If/When the world ever starts back up I'll share it with you. For now, I'm off to see why the people across the street have power...

Power is back up after about 90 minutes of being down. Now we can begin the rebuilding process.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much it hurts. That is all.

    ReplyDelete